Monday, July 23, 2012

Better a book worm than a TV junky!


CNet
I’ve been reading more than I did when I was in school. I know I feel way better about a night spent reading and lounging around than I do the same amount of time lost staring at a TV screen. I like to mix up the types of books I read from award-winning literary fiction to chick lit, make-you-smarter nonfiction or even vampires (hey, I’m human).

I know the other day when the kids asked on two separate occasions if I had seen a particular advertisement on TV… that I hadn’t watched anything but a Disney Channel show or my recorded shows in a loooonnnggg time! It was actually kinda nice to know that.

To tell ya the truth, I don’t miss it at all!

I don’t know how, but I read seven books over the week. My mom and sister told me about a cool website that offers free Kindle eBooks throughout the day every day! (Even if you don’t have a Kindle you can get a Kindle eBook app for your phone or iPod/iPad) It’s called Pixel of Ink and you can find it here http://www.pixelofink.com/. They have all sorts of books that you may not normally have read, but with it being free you can try it out.

Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come and visit.