Thursday, August 30, 2012

Hailey's Picks: Board Books for Toddlers





I don’t know about you, but around here we read ALL the time. Not just me reading my eBooks or magazines and such. But Hailey loves books already (Especially now that she’s getting a little more of an attention span).

I do have to insist on board books still. She likes to be involved and turn the pages which can get rough at times. It also makes it easier for when she is looking at them on her own. We’ve tried a couple of books with tabs and stuff to lift up but my little monkey is still a little too overzealous with them.

I cringe every time a book gets beat up…I guess it goes back to when I was a little kid and it was ingrained in our brains that bending and tearing up books was a mortal sin or something.

Onward to our current list of faves:              

 
 
 
 
    1)     Noodle Loves the Beach

This is a simple, one-line per page book with cute illustrations of a panda bear and his mom at the beach. This book actually does have some interactivity to it, but it’s definitely made for the age… it can withstand Hailey (and that is sayin’ a lot).

 

2)    Little Blue Truck

Beep, Beep, beep! Love this book…we actually bought it as a special from B&N a while back. A really sweet book that’s a bit longer than your normal board book but it still keeps their attention.  Hailey started out liking it because of the animal sounds and now every time she sees a truck she says “beep, beep, beep”.

 

    3)    Llama Llama Nighty Night

Follows Llama as he goes through everything he does to go to bed. It’s great because it helps with a nighttime routine and she can go along with llama. It has a nice rhyme and cute pictures.

 

 
4)    Tumble Bumble

We actually just bought this book a couple days ago and it’s already a favorite! It’s the story of a little bug as a goes for a walk and meets all kinds of new friends. Soooo cute! Love the nonsense rhyming and adorable illustration.


 
 
5)    We technically have so many books it’d probably take me days to list them all, but some of other standards are Sandra Boynton books and Dr. Seuss (who doesn’t love those?).

Of course we HAVE to have an e book included. Our ALL TIME favorite is Nighty Night. This was the first eBook I bought for Hailey (and it was before the child even knew what a book was). I love it because she can now help to turn all the lights out for the animals so they can go to bed. They just got a couple add-ons where you can get even more animals.  It was well worth the price!

 
 
Favorite product Friday
 

Pin It!

18 comments:

  1. I'm actually coming over from a different hop (follow me wednesday) - so glad I did though! I'm going to have to check out some of these books; we have Little Blue Truck and it's a favorite in our house too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for stopping by.,..great to have ya! I know,I'm always looking for new books. We seem to like a lot of the ones that rhyme, I think it makes it more fun at this age.
      Anissa

      Delete
  2. Hey girl, thanks for joining in on the Friday Chaos blog party! So glad you linked up with us, and I get to follow you! Wahoo!
    I also wanted to let you know about a coffee mug swap that I am hosting. It is a different spin on the idea that lets you get to know other bloggers better. And you get a pretty new mug just in time for fall! Score! Today is the last day to sign up and I would absolutely love to have you. I am hoping to get 50 swappers, the more the merrier! Here is where you can get all the deets and sign up to join: http://yellowumbrelladesign.blogspot.com/2012/08/coffee-mug-swap.html
    Love bloggin' with ya. Talk to you soon :D
    Dalayna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Dalayna,
      Glad to be a part of it...I will hop on over to the mug swap and check it out!
      Anissa

      Delete
  3. Thanks Ms. Hailey for sharing your favs with us! Thanks mom for stopping by my blog hop. Don't be a stranger! http://www.thesexysinglemommy.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trust me...the girl likes to get her ideas out there...my opinionated little diva-in-the-making (momma's in BIG trouble).
      Thank you for stopping by and love to be a part of your new hop!
      Anissa

      Delete
  4. So cute! I will have to check those books out! Found you from the blog hop! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you....We love these and have a lot more if you need more ideas. I know I'm always looking for more! Have a great holiday weekend!
      Anissa

      Delete
  5. Thanks for sharing.
    Also thank you for linking up at Friday Chaos this week
    Have a nice weekend
    Kerry

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Kerry,
      Thanks for stopping by...hope you guys have a great weekend!
      Anissa

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the new ideas for books. I did a similar post a while back if you want to check it out for new ideas for your cutie!

    http://www.adventureswithcaptaindestructo.com/2012/07/destructos-top-ten-favorite-books.html?showComment=1341454731351#c3787725923696888671

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa...I'm always looking for more books for her (and for mommy....ya can only read the same book sooo many times in a row). I will hop right on over!
      Anissa

      Delete
  7. Great list you have there! I like Little Blue Truck the best!:-)

    Come join my blog hop! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you...the girl knows her books! I am in the midst of hoppin' around your hop.
      Anissa

      Delete
  8. I love book reviews. This was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank ya ma'am....the girl knows how to pick em! ;-)

      Delete
  9. Your Hailey is too cute! Thanks for linking up with the NY Melrose family hop. So happy to be able to follow you now on Bloglovin!
    http://www.practicallyperfectprincess.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jen...she is definately my lil princess in training already! I was happy to be a part of the hop!
      Anissa

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come and visit.