Friday, November 9, 2012

Fishy business


I don’t know about the rest of ya’ll, but I am CONSTANTLY on the lookout for quick, easy and different meals to make for the fam. I get tired of the same old same old stuff day in and day out. A couple weeks ago I got asked to join a Buzz Campaign for Gorton's Skillet Crisp Tilapia. I said sure…bring it on. We love fish, but it’s not something I go out of my way to make on a daily basis. When I do make it, it’s usually on the grill.

Here’s the low down from Gorton’s:

Every Skillet Crisp fillet is made with Gorton's 5-Star Tilapia® — only the mildest, flakiest whole fillets are selected and then seasoned with a crisp coating of real herbs and spices in two flavorful varieties: Garlic & Herb Seasonings and Classic Seasonings with a Touch of Lemon. Because the whole, natural fillets are lightly coated, Gorton's Skillet Crisp Tilapia gives you more fish in every bite!

Now on to the all-important taste test:

I do have to tell you I was pleasantly surprised. When I think frozen fish I think miscellaneous pieces of fish mushed to together to make some non-natural shape. Not too appealing to say the least. When I opened the package…it actually looked like a piece of lightly breaded fish. Ding, ding ding…bonus number one.

The cooking time was minimal and EASY! By the time I had everything else ready…so was the fish. No on to the taste… We are somewhat fish connoisseurs around here (I may not cook it much….but we do eat it out a lot). I was a little skeptical.

I served ours with asparagus, homemade seasoned french fries and cheddar rolls….yummy. The flavor and texture was waaaayyyy better than normal frozen, but not quite as good as fresh. I would have to say I could see us eating this again. Good job Gorton’s.

Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Looks like a winner! No one eats fish in my house but me lol Will have to reserve this for days I'll be alone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea...I never thought about single serve.
      Anissa

      Delete
  2. I love love tilapia!!! I usually just seasoning it with a little lemon pepper and pan fry it with some olive oil. So yummy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This look so good! I love tilapia! Great plating!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank ya ma'am...it was pretty good (especially considering it didn't take very long to make).

      Delete

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come and visit.