Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Turkey Day!


I am so thankful for so many things in my life, but most of all I am thankful for my friends and family...especially my kids!

When I first came across this I knew I had to put it aside for something special. I’ve stopped to read it multiple times since first getting it…maybe I’m sappy, but it brings tears to my eyes every time.
 I hope you guys enjoy it and are having an awesome holiday week!

The following is called: A Child’s Ten Commandments to Parents, by Dr. Kevin Leman

1. My hands are small; please dont expect perfection whenever I make a bed, draw a picture, or throw a ball. My legs are short; please slow down so that I can keep up with you.

2. My eyes have not seen the world as yours have; please let me explore safely: dont restrict me unnecessarily.

3. Housework will always be there. Im only little such a short timeplease take time to explain things to me about this wonderful world, and do so willingly.

4. My feelings are tender; please be sensitive to my needs; dont nag me all day long. (You wouldnt want to be nagged for your inquisitiveness.) Treat me as you would like to be treated.

5. I am a special gift from God; please treasure me as God intended you to do, holding me accountable for my actions, giving me guidelines to live by, and disciplining me in a loving manner.

6. I need your encouragement, but not your praise, to grow. Please go easy on the criticism; remember you can criticize the things I do without criticizing me.

7. Please give me the freedom to make decisions concerning myself. Permit me to fail, so that I can learn from my mistakes. Then someday Ill be prepared to make the kind of decisions life requires of me.

8. Please dont do things over for me. Somehow that makes me feel that my efforts didnt quite measure up to your expectations. I know its hard, but please dont try to compare me with my brother or my sister.

9. Please dont be afraid to leave for a weekend together. Kids need vacations from parents, just as parents need vacations from kids. Besides, its a great way to show us kids that your marriage is very special.


10. Please take me to Sunday school and church regularly, setting a good example for me to follow. I enjoy learning more about God.

 
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment. Make sure to leave a link to your blog so I can come and visit.